Wednesday, October 27, 2004

My Blog

I decided to follow in my best friend's footsteps and create a blog. Now that I got through the horror of coming up with a username and blog name I'm all set!
I'm watching the World Series right between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Boston Red Sox. I can not believe the Cardinals are doing so badly. I had so much hope for them to win! Watching them go to the series was so exciting. I remember going to Busch Stadium probably when I was 4 or 5 to see the Cardinals play. I remember hoping that Ozzie Smith would do a backflip on the field. Going to baseball games with my dad are probably some of the best memories I have from growing up. I remember being furious when I found out that my dad took my brother and sister to a game while I was in school! I remember my dad making us leave early so we wouldn't be stuck in traffic and then hearing the fireworks going off because someone had hit a homerun. But there were plenty of games I got to go to and homeruns I got to see. And now to this day, even though I may not be happy with the cardinals performance right now, they will always be my team.
I hope I get to see one more game at Busch Stadium before they build the new one. . .ah. . . .America's pastime. :)

1 comment:

gingrpchy said...

Sorry Jod, the Red Sox were due to win the series. I wish it had taken more than 4 games though