Friday, September 30, 2005

Big leap

So I did something yesterday. . .I cut up my credit cards. . .well except one for emergencies (and by emergencies I mean if I need $10 in gas because it's almost maxed out) and one that I hid away in case I need to use it for tuition and books next semester. It's scary. The only money I have now is what is in my bank account and it's not a lot. And even though my parents have been absolutely wonderful about helping me out it's been hard on them ever since they moved and my mom isn't working.
What am I going to do? Oh yeah find a freakin job. I hate job hunting. And I'm so picky. I don't want to work retail, I wouldn't mind trying a restaurant but there aren't many good ones around here. The problem is that I need something that I will make decent money. I'm not just some little high schooler who needs money so they can go to the movies.

So I realized the other day that i'm going to have to work after I graduate and pay off my credit cards before I think about continuing my education. I don't even know if I will mess with taking the MCAT right away because I don't know if I'll be able to afford the cost of applying to medical school. And with my bills I don't know if I'll be able to afford to even go right away because I wouldn't be able to work. Even if I don't go to med school I won't be able to go to grad school (maybe if I went somewhere here part-time, but not if I want to go to England) until I get some of my debt paid off.
The biggest thing is my credit cards. But what about my school loans? I was thinking that if I could still be taking 6 hours of classes (there are still classes I need to take before med or grad school) then I could avoid having to pay them off. But if I find something making enough money then maybe I could at least pay what I can until I do what's next.
oh this is stressful. But I'm going to do it. I need to. I HAVE to. Even if it means putting off things like new clothes, a car, and England. But I don't want to put them off for too long. ;-)

did I mention that before I cut up and put away my credit cards that I bought a jacket, undergarments, and some shirts? One last spree. :)

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Good for you! That was so brave of you!! I'm proud of you!!!