Thursday, January 10, 2008

Politics & such

I come from a fairly conservative Republican family. My dad is very outspoken about his Republican beliefs. My sister and her husband think George W. Bush is the most wonderful President ever.

As I watch continuing coverage of the primaries, I have come to a not very surprising conclusion: I think I just might be a Democrat.

GASP!

I still think I'm more middle of the road on a lot of things but . . . over the years, I've started leaning more and more towards the left.

I guess we'll see.


So. . .my birthday was this week. It was a very good birthday. I went over to a friend's house for dinner and J surprised me with a cake on Monday at Bible study. Tomorrow night he's taking me to dinner. It was a great day.

Things have been a little weird lately. I am still having trouble trusting Jason. And most of it has to do with little things like wondering if he really does want to talk to me or be around me. I'm trusting him more with big things like telling him my struggles with faith and depression. But I still manage to freak out about little things. So I am faced with the task of really changing how I think; he has never done anything to make me believe I can't trust him. I still have times when I am scared, though, that he will end up being like everyone else. I have to let go of that and stop being afraid.

I'm trying. God and I have been having a lot of conversations lately. I know I can't do this on my own. My church's pastor is doing a sermon series on the twelve steps. And I'm working right along with it when it comes to letting go of my fear. I'm continuing on my journey.

1 comment:

Believer In Exile said...

A democrat! Gasp! Don't worry, in 2016 I'll be running in the newly created centrist party. You can vote for me