Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The last few weeks have been a little crazy.

I'm not really holding my breath that things will really work out with the new guy...let's just say, he's fun to make out with. And in my experience, guys that are fun to make out with are only good for that one thing...oh well. I guess after a year of dating someone who didn't even try to kiss me, I just wanted someone who did want to. Oh well. There is a guy at church that is pretty nice. . .Am I beyond fickle? Ugh. What's really sad is this new guy is hilarious and he can play tennis! I really want a guy who can play tennis.

I am signed up for an online class and I thought it started on the 24th...it started on the 2nd. So I immediately contacted the instructor and order what I thought was the book. Only it was the web tutor access code. . .so I ordered it again. Only it won't get here until next week and the midterm is due by Saturday night. Guess who has the book and who I will probably drive an hour to get it from? That's right, Jason. Woohoo I am so excited. He seemed perfectly nice about it except when I said thank you, he said "uh huh." Whatever, at least I'll be able to get the test finished.

What's funny is I may not even need the class. I interviewed for a children's ministry director position in town. I started thinking about it and really felt like I should go for it. Especially since sometimes I start wondering if it's really ok for me to be getting into so much more debt. My job ends in August and I am really not sure if I'll really be able to make ends meet going to school and working as a CNA. I'd have to get two jobs. So I don't know....

I've been leading the young adult Bible study I've been involved with and got informed by an extremely conservative Catholic male that it is against God's cosmic plan for the spiritual development of males for a woman to be leading a Bible study. He's the roommate of the guy that opened his apartment for us to meet in. At some point we're going to have a discussion. I must admit it's really hard to look at some of the bible passages that seem to be speaking against women in leadership.
But then there are passages that are thanking and talking about women who are involved in ministry not to mention the fact that women are hanging out with Jesus and the first evangelists by telling of Jesus' resurrection. I find it difficult to believe that God would then just say "Sorry, you can't actually do anything. That whole acceptance of females that Jesus portrayed was just a hoax."

Every time I get the urge to go hit tennis balls, someone is on the tennis court. Grrrr.

I'm moving...twice...once in with a family for two weeks, then into. . .a house! My friend bought her house and she takes possession July 25. Woohoo! I decided to move in with the family for a few weeks to save money on rent at my apartment. I was going to have to pay extra to stay a month after my lease is up. I may regret that once I move all my stuff twice. . . oh well.

No comments: