Friday, December 26, 2008

I know that it doesn't make any sense that I can't stop thinking about someone that I only had talked to for a few weeks.

But I also couldn't stop thinking about him since April. The first time we met. . .I could tell there was something about him. The other times he came to church, he always made sure he came up to talk to me. And he looked so excited to see me. I knew he was. There was one time that I was singing in the praise team and he looked at me during communion and smiled at me. I couldn't help but smile back.

I don't know why after not seeing him for so long, I ended up talking to him. He was nervous to see me. I was too. But being around him and talking to him felt as comfortable and natural as talking to someone I'd known for years.

And now. . .he's gone. I can look up online to see that he's on a list of inmates. I know he had to go. . .it was for the best. He couldn't keep denying he wasn't supposed to be here. He was never going to be able to have a normal life with it hanging over his head.

And now someone who I probably would've just remembered as the guy I met at church once or twice is in my head. I have a special notebook to write letters along with pre-stamped envelopes (no adhesives allowed). I have his computer tower (sadly not in one piece so I can't get music off of it) in my room to someday ship or take to him. And now. . .I'll look at the mailbox everyday hoping I get a letter.

Kinda weird huh? The first time he talked he said something about how you can just have a feeling that something or meeting someone is going to be life-changing. Seriously? Geez, meet me and then go back to the one place you never wanted to go back to. Life-changing indeed.

No comments: