Sunday, March 22, 2009

I enjoyed a nice pleasant day in Kansas City on Saturday. I went to a mall in Overland Park that has a Nordstrom and Sephora. Then I headed to Country Club Plaza; this outdoor mall area on the Missouri side. I loved it! There are tons of shops and restaurants; all of my favorites that I never get to go to. I finished the day at the Cheesecake Factory...had a yummy meal and even yummier cheesecake! (yes, I ate all by myself and it was great! how's that for being comfortable being single?)

Then around 10:30 pm, 40 miles or so from Wichita. . .something happened to my truck. There was some kind of crack, snap, or pop (I was going to try to insert something clever here about Rice Krispies but nothing is coming to me) and I ended up on the side of the road. What's funny is the truck will start but it won't move. I can't put it into any gear and get it to go. I got it towed and now waiting for the repair shop to call and let me know what's wrong.

I tried not thinking it but the first thought in my head when it happened was that I was being punished for going to KC. I had questioned all week about whether or not I should go given my new job situation but I just knew I needed to get out of Wichita! And there's not really any other place to go.

I already feel weird sitting here at home at 11 am not really doing anything. Oh well.

My life is on hold. That's the way it feels. I still can't have the kind of life I want. I am trying to figure out ways to still have a life even though I'm going to be broke and have no idea what is going to happen. I figure I can take advantage of WSU's fitness center now...I can try to finally get in shape. I could also try to finally learn to play the piano. And soon I'll be able to start gardening. I am thinking about somehow getting a new mattress. Every time I climb into my single bed I feel very un-grown-up. I need something that makes me feel adult and together. And I'm thinking that I want to go to a flea market or antique store to find an awesome headboard.

Somehow, I'll figure out what I'm going to do. Now that my truck is really definitely becoming unreliable I am somehow going to have to get a new car. Somehow I want to feel adult and at least a little together. Somehow.

No comments: