Sunday, December 11, 2005

Study, study, study

So, this week is finals week. I have my Physics and Organic Chemistry final tomorrow (Monday). I've done pretty good at studying. If I really just buckle down today I think I'll be fine. The physics final will be a little bit of a joke since we are allowed to use our notes. At this point, though, I really don't care. I really don't understand much of it; I just need a decent grade.
I leave Thursday to go home for the holidays. Mom and dad are picking me up then we're going to go to Chipotle. Dad loves the place! I've always joked that one of these days I was going to go buy a couple of burritosand take it on the plane with me for my parents. Now I don't have to if I fly to Indianapolis. There's one just a few miles from the airport!
One of my roommates got me wonderfully comfortable slippers for Christmas and a coffee mug with a J on it. I bought my other roommate a small box of Godiva chocolate. She literally squealed with delight. I bought some for family as well, but I may have to go back...I can think of a few other people who might enjoy some. :) Hell! I want some too, the truffles are SO good.

Do you ever have little things that just annoy the crap out of you? I do. (surprise, surprise) I need to vent them for a little bit here, maybe it'll help me let go....first, my roommates didn't want to buy trash bags after the ones I bought ran out because there were some left from the people who lived here before, a whole roll of them. Now these trash bags are smaller than we need for the trash can and thin and my roommates never (ok almost never) bother to empty the trash when it's full. because it's too small the edges always fall into the can and they just keep piling stuff on and never bother to fix it. It drives me nuts! I hate taking out the trash to begin with so I got into the habit of buying fairly sturdy bags with flaps that fit over the edge and they are easy to tie. That way I don't have to worry about the bag breaking or stuff falling out. Why am I the only one who wants to make this easy? I bought some trash bags and I would love to use them except I don't want to if they're never going to buy them. So I try to not let the little thin stupid trash bags bother me, but oh well. Today i couldn't resist, i put a good one in the trash can. Maybe someone will notice the difference.
And I don't understand making a cup of tea and then leaving the tea bag in the cup and putting it in the sink. Why can't they just throw the tea bag away?
I also don't like how they just throw dishes into the cupboard to where there's a big bowl on top of a little bowl. I am too used to my family who arranges things in an organized fashion in the cupboard. Big plates, then little plates. Big bowls, then little bowls. less risk of them all just collapsing! Oh and then where our pots and pans are: they take some out and then after they're clean they just throw them in on top of whatever's in there. So there's a little frying pan or a little lid carrying the weight of a huge pot. Again, I think I'm just used to my family's arranging things in an organized fashion.

Ok sorry to vent about these tiny, trivial things. I just needed to get them out.

1 comment:

Tracie said...

There is a Chipotle about a mile from O'Hare too! It was down the road from where I used to live. How I miss Chipotle....