Monday, December 05, 2005

Windy and stuck

90 mph winds were clocked in Golden today. Which is like 5 miles from here. 90....that's hurricane force winds. It sucks. It snowed here Friday night/Saturday morning, which is absolutely beautiful but now it is supposed to be super cold and windy.
AND today was the first my truck got stuck in the snow and I had to get pushed out day of the season! woohoo! (please recognize intense sarcasm here).
Oh well, I'd rather have Colorado winter weather than Illinois winter weather anyday. I'd much rather have snow than ice or a mixture thereof. It really is beautiful when it snows here. All the snow sticks to the trees and then the sun comes out and it's all shimmery and silvery. ok yes, Illinois does get snow...but there's just something different about it here that I love.

so here's to the snow, 20 degree temps, and hurricane-force winds! (I'm trying so hard to be optimistic and cheerful)

No comments: