Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Wow

So in case you didn't figure it out, the handsome man I am standing with in the below picture is Dave. :-) My Dave. My sister and I had to start specifying who we were talking about because her husband's name is Dave as well. So we had to say "my dave" or "your dave." You get the idea. ;-) And Dave decided he likes it when I say it so I do. ;-)

I'm happy. VERY happy. This all has been so amazing. 12 weeks ago I didn't even know him anymore. To me he was just a long lost friend that every once in awhlie I'd think of, hope he was doing ok, and I said a little prayer for him. NOW HE'S MY BOYFRIEND! HOLY SHIT! (that's another one of our things, every once in awhile we'll just be like Holy crap! or Holy shit!, it's funny)

When I think about all the things I wanted in a man, Dave has them. And there are even things about him that I didn't realize I did want that he has. And somehow (and very specifically, according to him) I have all the qualities he's been praying for. How awesome is that? Even right down to the fact that I love baseball! More specfically I love the Cardinals. :-)

When we were together we were so comfortable around each other. He makes me feel safe and loved. We never had to force ourselves to enjoy being around each other. We just did. It was amazing. I got to dance with him in an aisle at Hallmark and I didn't care if people thought we were crazy. We got to walk around the new Busch Stadium and talk about going to a game someday. We hung out at a bar and danced to Brown-Eyed Girl (which he had to change the words around to Green-Eyed Girl).

Even with all the fun stuff. . .I can really talk to him. And he can really talk to me. We know things about each other that not many other (if any) people know. And I do not fear that he will be judgemental, harsh, or criticize me. He is loving, encouraging, and compassionate. We've been through some very similar things so we can talk to each other and know the other person understands.

I can't believe it still sometimes. . .I'm in love with a man who I used to look up to and go to for advice at church camp. He would DJ "spontaneous movement" parties (dances) in the tabernacle and sing during church.

HOLY CRAP! This is amazing! I'm so excited. I know that whatever happens, God has got this under control. I'm just so very content and happy.

I'm just so amazed. . .so this is what this feels like huh? I'd always heard about it, seen it, and dreamed of it...and now it's here. Wow.

No comments: