Friday, September 05, 2008

I'm sitting here watching Stand Up to Cancer. It's on NBC, CBS, and ABC.

Hearing the stories makes me tear up.

And it makes me want to be a part of the research. It makes me want to be a part of treating those with cancer. It makes me want to be a medical professional who will be caring and compassionate and fight like hell to fight a way to help them.

I hope that I'm on my way to that....I will start on Monday at a nursing home. My application for the PA program is almost finished. I will get that turned in on Monday probably. I will hope for an interview although I know I may not get one. It's a really difficult program to get into. We'll see! I'm excited though...I'm taking two classes: Microbiology and Pathophysiology. So far, I love the classes. I wasn't sure I'd like Micro but I have quickly changed my mind. And Patho. . .is so interesting and challenging. And my profs are really great and not just because they didn't make me buy a book. :-)

I am so excited to finally be beginning my path in the medical field.

No comments: