Monday, September 22, 2008

A lot going on...and I'm exhausted

This is the second week of the all-consuming crazy life that I have willingly put myself into. I am taking 2 classes, working 20 hours a week at the conference office, and 40 hours a week at a nursing home. I work Thursday-Monday, 2nd shift.

I'm exhausted. Last week I manged to oversleep for my 8:30 class all 3 days we meet. Eek!

It's not all bad though. I really do like the nursing home. It's difficult at times and my back and feet hurt but I do really like it. It's one step closer to being a physician's assistant. That reminds me, I did get my application turned in! Now I will wait to get a supplementary application then hopefully get to go in for an interview in January. I'm excited even though I know it may be really difficult to get in the first time around. It's a really competitive program.

My roommate and I are foster parents for 4 kittens (3 young ones and 1 older one from a different litter). They had been hanging around our office and a few people started causing a fuss about it so we decided to catch them and take them home! We're trying to socialize them and wait until they're a bit older and then take them to the humane society. The older one, though, we're going to try to keep. I already know it's going to be hard to give them up!

I've been fighting the feelings of wondering if I'm really going to be able to handle all that I'm doing. Those feelings seem to like to creep up when you're tired, exhausted, get mad that you can't find your keys, and don't have time to clean your room. But I'm trying not to buy into all that. I know I need to give myself time to adjust to my new schedule. Hopefully next semester won't be as bad. I should be able to schedule my classes so that I can work a more normal schedule at the nursing home and not have to work every weekend.

Ok that's all for now. I still am going to try to post pics from when I went to WA. . .man that seems like so long ago. . . .

No comments: