Friday, November 21, 2008

Dreaming too big?

I just registered for Physics II. That's right. . .Physics. . .

I don't need Physics for the physician's assistant program. However, it is a requirement for medical school.

I can't stop thinking about it. I can't stop wishing I could become a doctor. It seems too lofty, too risky, too big of a dream. . .but I can't stop thinking about it. If I wind up getting into the PA program, I will probably drop it but at least I'm signed up if I don't.

I may quite possibly be crazy. I will have to take the MCAT, of course, and apply to the Early Decision Program by July 1. I want to try to do that because I've heard there's a fairly high acceptance rate if you do (at least, at KU).

Who knows, I could end up staying in Physics, but take the MCAT and do horribly and not even mess with applying.

Everytime I start thinking about it, I talk myself out of it. . . takes too much time, too expensive, crazy work hours. . .but then a few weeks later I'm back to thinking, "I want to be a doctor."

We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with trying to follow your dreams. I know how easy it is to talk yourself out of something.... how easy it is to think your dreaming too big... and it sucks when they don't come true... but you have to keep dreaming... because a lot of those dreams can come true... I hope for you that this dream can become a reality...

Jenn