Friday, November 14, 2008

What was I thinking? What was I thinking to work 60 hours a week and take two classes? Hmm? What? Seriously what was I thinking?

I'm exhausted. EXHAUSTED. Today (Friday), I slept through class, called in sick at the conference office and slept until 12:30 pm. Yes that would be 30 minutes after NOON. I went to bed at like 11:30.

This week I had a test that I barely studied for and I know I did horribly. My only encouragement is that I aced the first two and there's one more left that as long as I do well, I can still easily pull off an A.

I don't feel like I have time to breathe or even do the simplest of tasks like cleaning my room. And unfortunately I know that the free time I do have I basically waste. And I've been shopping which is never a good thing because I always start thinking that my wardrobe is horrible, I need new clothes, or there's just one more "basic" item I need. I'm going to make myself take a break from the mall.

The nursing home is hard. I don't know how I'll be able to keep it up. The only encouragement there is that next semester I should be able to work a more normal schedule and only work every other weekend. I hope. If for whatever reason I can't, I will either need to switch units or go somewhere else. That would suck though, I'd miss my residents! It was hard enough getting into the groove there, I don't want to have to try again.

Anyway, for the most part I'm ok, I am just working a lot and I'm tired which is making me more frustrated with life in general but really I know things will be ok. I decided that if I don't get into the PA program (which I probably won't) then I'm going to go through a med aide class so I can pass meds and not have to do the CNA thing so long.

No comments: