Wednesday, August 10, 2005

100 things about me

So my friend Val (www.ruminationsofordinary.blogspot.com) got this idea from another blogging friend of hers to list 100 things about her. So after reading 100 things about each of them I decided to go for it. :)

1. My name is Jodie
2. I am 24 years old
3. My birthday is on January 8
4. I am originally from Illinois
5. I do not have a hometown in IL
6. My dad is a minister
7. We moved every 4 to 5 years (which is why I don't have a hometown)
8. I have an older sister and a younger brother
9. My mom was a stay at home mom
10. My sister is married and has two adorable kids
11. My brother just graduated from college
12. I am in college right now
13. I graduate next May (finally)
14. I started college right out of high school, then after two years, I dropped out
15. After taking 2 years off I moved out to Colorado to go back to college
16. I am majoring in Biology
17. After graduation my preference of what I want to do is in this order: med school, pharmacy school, grad school, nursing
18. Although I want to go into medicine, I've always dreamed of being a recording artist
19. I like almost all kinds of music except rap
20. The only rap I do like is Will Smith
21. The high school I went to only had 100 people (it was public)
22. I played volleyball while in HS
23. I love the TV song "Friends"
24. I am watching reruns of Friends right now
25. I love the following shows on the WB: Gilmore Girls, Everwood, & One Tree Hill
26. I'm hooked on the edited-for-TBS version of Sex and the City
27. I love Coach handbags and accessories
28. My dream purse is a Louis Vuitton
29. I am a total girly-girl meaning I love clothes, shoes, handbags, makeup and InStyle magazine
30. I drive a Ford Ranger
31. My dream car is a BMW or Mercedes
32. My dream house is one in the mountains somewhere but still close to the city
33. My other dream house (or apartment rather) is in NYC
34. I've never been to NYC though
35. It's my number 1 dream US destination
36. There are so many places all over the world I want to go it would take more than the 64 spots on this list I have left
37. My favorite drink is mandarin orange Absolut vodka and Sprite with a slice of orange
38. I am a Christian
39. I feel like I am a horrible one most of the time
40. I want to learn how to surf
41. The best vacation I've had so far in my life was to North Carolina with two friends of mine
42. I want to learn how to ski
43. I have been to 28 states
44. I've only been to Arizona long enough to drive through the corner of it on the way to CA
45. My favorite movie is a tie between Singin In the Rain, American in Paris, and Anchors Aweigh all starring Gene Kelly
46. Oh! Meet Me in St. Louis is a part of the tie as well
47. Going to the movies is one of my favorite things
48. I like going to the movies by myself
49. I didn't want to see the first Lord of the Rings movie
50. My friends took me with them to see it
51. I absolutely loved it
52. I'm working at a title company right now
53. I have worked at a Wal-Mart portrait studio (it sucked)
54. After that, I worked at Dillard's
55. After that, I worked at a real estate company
56. This past spring I played a character in a play that was originally a man's part
57. More than anything I want to get married someday and have a family
58. I am completely single, I don't even have any single male friends
59. i'd love to be proposed to on a mountain
60. If I ever do get married my ceremony will probably be a combination of ideas from all my friends' weddings
61. The idea of eloping and getting married in Las Vegas is appealing
62. Not as appealing as having a church wedding
63. I don't like smoking
64. Sometimes I crave a cigarette so I smoke one
65. Then I remember I don't like it
66. I always finish the whole thing so I am not wasteful
67. The whole time I do this I think "why am I doing this? it's gross"
68. I was on a ministry team for 4 summers
69. I would never dream of doing that now
70. I grew up in the United Methodist church
71. Now if i go to church (which nowadays is rarely) I go to an evangelical Presbyterian church
72. I don't like the bad rep Christians in this country like Pat Robertson give the rest of us
73. I don't think that wearing revealing clothes and being physically sexy is what empowers women. it only cripples them
74. For women to be empowered they need to be taught to be confident, think for themselves, stand up for what they believe in, and remember they are women and we need to be women and not try to be men
75. I believe God created the earth and everything on it
76. I don't believe everything about evolution but I don't believe in a 6-day creation
77. I hate Wal-mart
78. I love Target
79. I have suffered from depression off and on since high school
80. I was on anti-depressants for a few months
81. They didn't work for me so I went off of them
82. I have felt so much better since then
83. My favorite actresses are Julia Roberts, Kate Hudson, and the late Judy Garland and Audrey Hepburn
84. My favorite actors are . . . .all dead. Gene Kelly, Gregory Peck, and Marlon Brando (in his Streetcar days)
85. Movies now aren't as good as movies from the 40s and 50s
86. I have always wanted to be in a production of Guys and Dolls
87. I can't make up my mind if I'd rather be Sarah Brown or Adelaide
88. I am 5'9"
89. I'm not skinny but I'm not too fat either
90. I live with two gals that are studying to get their Masters in Counseling
91. Most of the furniture in my house does not belong to the people who live here
92. This house doesn't have air-conditioning
93. Last summer, I went to a Maroon 5 and John Mayer concert at Red Rocks
94. I love hiking
95. The shows like I love the 80s on VH1 are the best!
96. I'm watching I love 1988 right now
97. I was only 7 years old in 1988
98. I love the St. Louis Cardinals
99. I don't want kiss another guy until I am engaged
100. I'm going to go buy new pants now.

whew!

1 comment:

Val said...

Yeah!!! The trend caught on!

I liked your 100. Good job, Jodie!