Thursday, July 20, 2006

Job interview!

I have a job interview Friday at a hotel. Hopefully that will work out. I need something! I'll have to get a 2nd job if I work there; it won't pay enough. But oh well. At least I'll be working. I wish Starbucks would call me; I could get free coffee. I miss coffee. The only coffee I get is at church on Wednesday nights. But nothing like a triple grande caramel macchiato. Starbucks would make a good 2nd job.

It stinks feeling so down when you feel like you should be so happy. I am happy, I just can't show it very well right now. I know that's normal. I mean, I did just pick up and uproot myself from what was familiar to a very unfamiliar situation.

I went to church last night. I've been to Wednesday night church twice and Sunday morning once. Wednesday night is just a group bible study thing. It was interesting. . .we talked about Saul (Paul) in Acts and how he went from comfortable life as a Jew to a believer in Christ. And how when that happened, Jews wanted him dead and believers didn't trust his conversion. He didn't belong anywhere.

I feel like that right now. I had gotten to the point where I wanted to go to church on Sunday and liked where I was going. I still didn't know anyone at the church; I hadn't gotten that far yet. Now I'm in a totally different church and with someone who is so comfortable and at home there and wants me to feel the same way. Which is fine but it's so hard. I've always felt that way in churches. I get a nervous knot in my stomach. I hope it goes away eventually.

Ok so pray or something that I get this job. It could be cool; I've never worked at a hotel before and this is one of the nicer ones in town. I think I could enjoy it.

2 comments:

Val said...

can't wait to hear how it went!

Tracie said...

You would love working in a hotel! That was my 2nd most favorite job (my current on being the 1st). I miss it too!!
I really hope you get it!!!