Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I lied

Did you know there are a lot of things you need a computer and internet for? Like paying bills, looking up phone number and addresses for potential jobs, and a brief weak moment when I went to sephora.com...

And now I have a decision to make: do I take a job at walgreens or try to find an administrative job through the temp agency that I have an interview with on Thursday?

So, yes, Walgreens called to find out if I'm still interested in the pharmacy tech position. I am but it doesn't pay much more than what I make now, so I'd have to continue to work at the hotel (which SUCKS nowadays and I am going to end up working on Thanksgiving which means being here all alone and that will suck big time). Of course, working at Walgreens will allow me to get certified as a pharmacy tech which means I could make more money eventually like at a hospital or something. Or I could stay at Walgreens which has pretty good benefits.

On Thursday I have a an interview at a temp agency, one that when I look at the available jobs, they all look like they pay pretty well. Of course who knows what kind of job I'd end up with. And I don't know about benefits or anything yet.

So I could either end up working 2 jobs, one of which I have wanted for awhile now but won't make that much money or potentially get a pretty well-paying administrative job. I told the manager at walgreens I'd let her know if I was still interested by Friday.

Any advice? I'm really not sure what to do.

I'm still going to stay away from the computer except for like one time a day or two.

1 comment:

tmcroat said...

I had bad luck with a temp agency...they found nothing for me. I got my own job through the newspaper. But some people have had good luck. I would almost stick with Walgreens until the temp agency called you back.