Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanksgiving highlights!

I had an absolutely wonderful week. There is just too much to write about so here are some highlights:

I ate at Steak-N-Shake twice!!!

My cousin Brian had surgery on his back a week before Thanksgiving (as a result of a very bad car accident last year) and he's doing well. He explained to me what they did which was cool and he at one point made a comment about "dumb Dave," which made my day that my cousin Brian who I really don't know that well would have that kind of opinion in my defense. He went to church camp a couple of times and remembered him. . .and apparently made some kind of not-so-nice comment about him. hehehe :-) I like my cousin. He's pretty cool.

I got to go to Mississippi with my sister, her kids, my mom, my aunt, my uncle, and my grandparents. It was great! We ate at Cracker Barrel for breakfast on the way down there and the way back. On the way back I had my grandma help me organize all the family members. We spent time with many of her neices and nephews (and their kids) that were all the children of just one of her siblings! There were seven kids and all of them had at least 2 or 3 of their own. Big family! We had Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday and there were at least 40 people. Oh and I have a confession to make: there is a cousin I really wish I wasn't related to! What's funny is it's the guy who when he was 5 years old he had a huge crush on me (I was like 11). hehehe, I know I'm weird! Let's just say he grew up to be a very handsome man. . .complete with Wrangler jeans. Oh and it's hilarious listening to them all talk! My Aunt Ruby has one of the thickest southern accents I've ever heard! When I was little I'd start talking like them.

We went to visit a 99-year-old aunt in the nursing home and at one point she said (complete with a Southern accent) "I wish you'd put me in my bed, my butt's startin to hurt!" It was hilarious!! I wish I had a recording.

I got to spend a lot of time with my neice and nephew. My nephew has a personality! He's like a little boy! I can't describe it very well, but he has grown up so much. He still loves to draw and is always doodling on something. He's more outgoing than Morgan, she's still the quiet, sweet little girl she's always been. Of course, being brother and sister they have their moments of pushing each other's buttons but then they do things like rest their heads on each other's shoulders and it's just adorable. They've grown up so much.

Today I put my Christmas tree up, listened to Trans-Siberian Orchestra (and downloaded a ringtone of theirs), and cleaned my apartment! It was a very productive day. I watched Meet Me in St. Louis, While You Were Sleeping, and now I'm watching White Christmas for the first time this holiday season. I tried watching it a couple of weeks ago but I couldn't. . .this Dave thing almost ruined it for me (it's one of his favorite movies)! How sad would that have been! But now I'm good. Someday I'll find someone else to watch all my old movies with. It's his loss, I'm wonderful ;-)

Ok I guess that was a little bit more than just highlights. It was such a good week. I loved spending time with my family. It was just relaxing and enjoyable...and I really feel happy. I think it'll be ok for me to be here in Wichita and I'm not going to worry about what going to happen. If I ever move back to IL it'll be because I really want to and it's where I'm supposed to be.

I'm so excited about the holidays!!! I can't wait until Christmas.

No comments: