Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I'm back

Well I am back in CO. I could've written during break but I didn't.

This semester is going to be interesting, I think. I am in Anatomy, Chemistry, and Bioethics. Also I am going to take voice lessons. I think it'll be a good balance. I really hope this semester goes better than last semester. I am really going to try to work hard and get it all together.
Today was our first chapel. It was just praise and worship. I couldn't participate. Right now I'm so out of it when it comes to things having to do with God. I about went nuts having to be around my parents over break. They're always talking about something having to do with church, faith, etc. But they're all charasmatic about it and I get so sick of it. I have tried that stuff before and I didn't have a good experience. Mom is always talking about trusting God about everything and just praying about whatever is going on. And I'm sick of it. I can't trust God with my life. I don't know how. One song we sang was about giving God our dreams and the only thing I could think was that I didn't have any dreams to trust God with, in my mind he took them all away. I mean right now I have nothing to look forward to. After last semester I don't think medical school will happen. So now what?
Who knows. Stuff with school, God, and my whole life is just crazy.
It will probably always be crazy. I still don't want to completely give up but I don't know if I have the motivation to try to get anything figured out. The faith of my parents is not what I want. It doesn't appeal to me at all. the emotional crap is just not my thing. I can't depend on it. I have before and it just lets me down.

You know I always think of things I want to write about but then I always forget when I start writing. Oh well.

1 comment:

Hope said...

Glad to see you back posting - was worried about your silence.

It is much better to know and recognize that you don't want the faith of your parents than to follow in their footsteps because that is the expected thing to do. You are closer to God than you think.