Saturday, February 12, 2005

Valentine's Weekend

Ah, valentine's day. The Hallmark holiday. I remember last year. My roommate and I went shopping. We had a lot of fun. This year I'll be so busy with getting homework done I won't even have time to think about it.
There is a lot of bitterness surrounding me right now in regards to this holiday. I am trying very hard to have a positive attitude about it. I don't want to look at this time of year and be moaning about being alone. Yes sometimes it's hard but in the past few days and weeks I've tried looking at being alone as a good thing. I mean I do want a relationship someday but I don't want a meaningless one. I don't want just any guy, I want THE guy. And I'm willing to wait for it no matter how long. Ok so I hope I don't have to wait until I'm forty but I know I could make it.
I bought the movie, The Notebook this week. I absolutely love it. One thing my roommate mentioned about it was that you can see the image of Christ's love for us in the movie. When Noah is pursuing Allie, he pursues her relentlessly even though at first, she isn't interested. And then he invites her to be free. And then he dances with her, wooing her with a sweet melody. I want to be pursued by a guy that way that Jesus pursues me. I will accept no less.
Valentine's Day certainly isn't my favorite right now but I hope someday to enjoy it. But until then. . .I will just try not to think about it and enjoy this time I have alone. Lately it's been kinda cool. Lots of cool stuff is happening right now. . .I'm enjoying school, I'm in a play, and the other day, I worshipped in a way that I hadn't in awhile. Grace overtook me for a short time. It was short, but it was wonderful at the same time.
I just thought, even though things for me are going pretty well right now, it seems that so many people I know are going through a lot. Sometimes I'm afraid I will not be able to be supportive. I hope I can though.
Ok time for bed.

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the extravagent love of God, the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit be with you.

1 comment:

Val said...

FWIW--I STILL don't really like Valentine's Day. ;) Celebrate YOU this weekend, because you're wonderful!

Love you,

Val