Thursday, May 11, 2006

Graduation and right to work

I wanted to write something sooner than this but it's taken me awhile to recover from this weekend. And let the fact that I'm working full time now sink in.
So I graduated from college. I don't know if it'll sink in really until I'm not going to school in the fall. No classes to sign up for or worry about. Woohoo!

I got a job. I'm working at a small marketing company. I'm basically doing office manager kind of stuff. I really don't think I'll like it too much but I'm trying to have a good attitude about it.
The good attitude part is hard especially because I just feel stuck. I feel stuck in the place I'm living, stuck at this job, and stuck in Colorado. But like I said I'm really going to try to have a good attitude about it. I'm going to stick it out at least until the end of the summer. Especially when it comes to my living situation. One roommate is moving out and the girl who is moving in has a cat which my other roommate is not ok with (and told our landlord that but apparently he didn't care). And I am not ok with having two totally new roommates (if my other one moves out). So we'll see. If I decide I can't handle it I'm definitely going to look for a different place to live. I'm not willing to be miserable in my living situation.

I guess what I really want to happen isn't realistic right now so I'll be content with what I'm doing now.

I'm really excited about what is going to happen in 12 days though. 12 more days and I'll see Dave. I'm so excited. I can't believe I'm going to see someone I haven't seen in 6 years. He sent me a bunch of CDs for me to put on my iPod for the trip. We're going to be listening to Journey, Chicago (which I realized I absolutely LOVE), and lots of Weird Al! HA! We're going to watch Anchorman, go to Steak-n-Shake, dance at the wedding reception, go see X-Men 3. . .oh just lots of stuff! It's going to be great. I can't wait!!!!

Hmmm sometimes I wish I could write more. But I don't think I will.

1 comment:

Val said...

Eat some cheese fries for me.