Wednesday, May 31, 2006

My trip

My trip was amazing. Absolutely amazing. Oh where to begin. . .

I went from nervous to anxious to excited on Tuesday. I was freaking out when I left for the airport but then by the time my plane actually left (it was late) I was just so excited I couldn't stand it! I had to walk down this long hallway to get past all the gates at the Wichita airport and then. . .there he was. We had a nice long hug and we just couldn't stop looking at each other. We couldn't believe we were actually seeing each other again. We stood with our arms linked while we waited for my luggage.

We left for IL around 7:30 am Wednesday after getting some breakfast and dropping his kids off at daycare. The drive was great! For at least the first two hours we just kept looking over at each other and smiling and laughing. . .we were just so excited and amazed that we were actually together. We still couldn't believe it. We just talked, laughed, and listened to music . . . I just loved being there with him. We got to listen to some Chicago, Rascal Flatts, and Weird Al :-) We didn't even listen to much music. . we just enjoyed each other's company.

On Thursday I went with him to his hometown so he could see his old high school; they're tearing it down. He saw a lot of old teachers and people he knew. It was fun seeing where he grew up and listen to him reminisce. I told him just wait until he has to do that with me. . .there are towns all over southern Illinois to visit! hehehe!

Thursday evening we went to Vandalia for pizza with my family. Then I stayed with my sister and he went back to where he was staying. I spent Friday hanging out with my neice and nephew. Then Friday night I hung out with Kyle and Sarah; we went to Outback. YUMMY!!!! (Thanks for dinner you guys!)

Then I got back to my parents house on Saturday, went to pick up Dave (I had his van) and we hung out. First we went to Monical's Pizza. It was great. Dave got to play Pacman. Then we went back to my parents to change for the wedding. Before that though we went to get ice cream at a little place in Oblong that my parents like and know the owners. I met them before and knew I wanted to stop by to say hi. I introduced Dave as "my friend." I told him later that it just seemed odd to say we were only friends because it was becoming more and more obvious that there was more going on.
So we talked about it some more and he said that if we had a relationship it was going to be because we wanted to see if it could lead to marriage. Which of course is fine with me becuase I don't want to just date for the sake of dating. I want a clearly defined relationship. So then he asked if I would be his girlfriend and of course I said yes. :)

We went to the wedding. . .he ended up doing a lot to get everything at the church ready, I ended up attending to the guest book. I got to meet his dad and stepmom, who are wonderful. I'm going to enjoy getting to know them. His mom, on the other hand. . . oh well.

We slow-danced at the reception which was wonderful. And it was very funny watching him freak out about the DJ. Dave is a DJ (along with working at a radio station) and he was very critical of the guy who DJed the wedding (he was pretty bad). I got to see him dance to YMCA. . now THAT was hilarious. :-)

After the reception, we all (including the bride and groom) went out to a bar. There was a live band and we ended up dancing there too. It was sooooo much fun! Then we walked around Robinson and talked and laughed and hugged. We have a no-kissing-until-we're-engaged rule. . .already know that it's going to be VERY difficult but we're determined. Luckily I get kisses on the cheek and eskimo kisses (eskimo kisses are fun, Val!). I got back to my parents at like 3 am. Then we went to church at 9 am!

We left Illinois, went to see the new Busch Stadium (I have to admit, it is pretty nice except it still looks like every other new stadium in the country), then headed back to Wichita. We hung out for a bit, then I went to my hotel, then the next morning Dave came to get me. I saw the radio station, we went to see X-Men 3, and tried REALLY hard not think about the fact I was leaving in a only a few hours. We picked up the kids and then had a little time to ourselves while they took a nap before we went to the airport.

Then I had to leave. I miss him so much! I missed him as soon as I walked through security at the airport!

It's hard not to get ahead of ourselves. I'm trying to be patient. ..I really want to just move to Wichita right now! Who would ever have thought I'd actually want to live in Kansas? But we'll see. . .

I'm going to visit sometime in June, I hope. I really want to go to Illinois with him when he goes for his friend's wedding...but I'd have to take 2 or 3 days off of work and I don't know if that would work out. I still may see about it though.

And then in July he's going to come here and we're going to go to the Rockies/Cardinals game! WOOHOO!!!!

I'm SOOOO excited about this. I still can't believe it's happening! It's hard not to get my hopes up but this could really be it. . .WOW! HOLY CRAP! ;-)

I'm happy. .. VERY happy!!!

No comments: