Thursday, May 17, 2007

Decisions

Even though things are looking up around here, the major part of my life is the one thing now that may convince me to just get out. And what I mean by that is work. I hate it. I've been applying for several different jobs and can't find anything. I have thought about going to the technical college and getting doing a CNA, lab tech, or EMT program (or something related) but I don't know if that's worth doing. The CNA program doesn't take long but it also doesn't pay enough. I could do that, then do an LPN program. The lab tech is a longer and more expensive program. I went ahead and requested info about a few programs. I really want to do something in the medical field and no administrative assistant jobs are working out. And if I am going to stay here, I need something besides a temp job.

But if I'm wanting to get my credit cards paid off, is it worth going back to school even if only for a few months and possibly not getting any further with that? I just don't know.

And what's crazy is I'm starting to feel more comfortable around here. More settled. I like getting to know people from Bible study. I love that I'm going camping with them. I have a church I like. And for some reason I am actually getting to know one person in particular. And I really want to see what happens. I don't want to move wondering what would happen if I stayed. Of course, if it's meant for me to stay here then I guess I just have to trust that either my job situation will get better or I'll get a different job that has more of a future. Or something. Who knows.

The writer of a blog I read posted this prayer. It's pretty much been my prayer the last few days.

"O Lord, I do not know what to ask of You.You alone know my true needs.You love me more than I myself know how to love.Help me to see my real needs which are concealed from me.I do not dare to ask either for a cross or for consolation.I can only wait on You. My heart is open to You.Visit me and help me, for the sake of Your mercy.Strike me, and heal me; cast me down and raise me up.I worship in silence Your holy will, and Your unsearchable ways.I offer myself as a sacrifice to You.I have no desire than to fulfill Your will.Teach me to pray. Pray, You Yourself in me.Amen."~ Metropolitan Philaret of Moscow

No comments: