Thursday, May 10, 2007

Happenings

The last week or so has been tiring. I managed to end up super tired on Sunday and I've never really recovered. This morning I hit the snooze several times (as usual) but I actually fell back into a deep sleep each time. I have tonight and tomorrow night off at the hotel and I'm so relieved. Tonight I'll get to rest and get stuff done and then tomorrow night. . . .

Spiderman 3!!! I'm excited. I'm going with my new friend ;-) And it's so funny because the next 2 or 3 weeks there are movies coming out that we both want to see.

And I'm excited because in a couple of weeks, I'm going with some people from Bible study on a camping trip to Colorado! Woohoo!!! I'm excited. The only sad part is my new friend may not be able to go because of work. But he's still going to try to make it happen. I told him he needs to go so he can see Colorado. He's never been there.

Anyway, so things are going pretty good. I am still a little frustrated and confused about somethings. . .I really need a new job. This cable company thing is getting to me. I've been applying for several different jobs. I hope something works out. I'm thinking that if I don't find anything here by the middle of June or so, I may just have to plan on leaving, which may stink if things are still going how they are with my NF. I don't know. . .I'm to the point now that I'd be happy with something that paid the same or a little more as I make here. I could still work at the hotel. Now that I'm strictly a van driver (even though I had to help with a slight emergency at the front desk last night), it's a piece of cake really. I could still work two jobs if I had to. Right now my schedule is working out pretty well. Every once in awhile I need a break which I'll get one here in a few weeks for camping. Not only do I want to get away from the cable company, I just need to find a job with benefits. . .I can't keep temping. I need a real job.

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and we were talking about how we basically have to accept that we will have failures in life but that's ok. We can't let the possibility of failure or things not working out how we want them to keep us from trying new things or taking risks. Last weekend I started getting a little scared about everything. I know that if I decide to stay in Kansas there is no guarantee that I won't be in the same situation I was in last year. But am I scared enough to not even try? I hope not, but I'm still trying to figure that out. And I do have some more time to figure it out. So I'm just trying not to stress. It's difficult but I'm trying. Right now I just want to enjoy what is happening. And not worry.

No comments: