Friday, December 21, 2007

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

The crazy (but wonderful) Christmas traveling will begin today. J and I are leaving for Illinois this afternoon. We're going to mom and dad's to spend Saturday and part of Sunday with them, then we'll head back to Kansas to spend Christmas Eve with his dad's side of the family, then Christmas day with his mom's side. I think it'll end up being that we travel about 20 hours driving. Sounds like so much fun huh?
But I am excited. I'm going to make biscotti and truffles tomorrow and open presents! And later on tonight down the road will be a stop at Steak-n-Shake. Woohoo!!!

I am trying not to think about the fact that this will be the first year EVER that I haven't been at my grandparents for Christmas. We are stopping by there on Sunday but still. It's weird to have another family to be around. Extremely weird. I am not worried about his mom's side; I've met all of them before. But I've never met any of his dad's side. So I'm going to end up being nervous, I'm sure.

Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments: