Monday, February 04, 2008

blogging boredom

I have realized that I have just gotten bored with this blogging thing. I always feel like I'm writing about the same things over and over again.
I am just going to give a brief overview of what has been going on:

1) I am learning how to budget! After Christmas I cut up the credit card I'd be using and now I'm living on only what I have which isn't a lot. I've been making it work although it's been really difficult not being able to go buy new clothes. I'm sick of my wardrobe. One thing I need to go ahead and do is get a part-time job. . .just to have a little extra $$ and also start making a significant dent in the credit card debt. I've been saying this since the first of January but have yet to fill out an application anywhere.

2) Things with J are hopefully getting better. This weekend we had a bit of a fight mainly because of some miscommunication. We're talking through it and going to work on the communication thing. We've been relying on text messaging too much and it's causing problems. I saw him tonight and we had a good time. Oh! He got into the physician's assistant program and will start school up here in June.

3) I'm trying to decide if I want to pursue applying to grad school for the fall. I may see about going part-time until my job is over and until I feel like finances will work out for me to go full-time.

4) Since I wrote about J's grandma being sick, I will give you an update. She got out of the hospital today and is feeling much better but is definitely tired so she still needs rest. But now, J's sister has a very contagious form of the flu so the doctor told her she needs to stay away from her 1-year old daughter for about 4 days. Her daughter (R) has been sick in the last few weeks as well, so hopefully she doesn't get sick again. J left Bible study early tonight to go take care of R so that his grandma (who was taking care of her) can rest until his parents get there to take care of her. So basically the whole family needs prayer and they are all basically sick, tired, and/or stressed. I really wish I could do something to help. It's difficult being far enough away that I can't just drive down there.

5) Ok now on a more personal note. . .I think depression has been hitting me pretty hard lately. I really am tired of it. . .I need to go to a doctor anyway and have been thinking about seeing about getting some medication. But it's hard to think about going back on medication. . .I don't know if I really want to. But we'll see.

Ok that's my life in a nutshell. If I ever have anything super exciting happen or some wonderful thoughts or ponderings I'll share.

No comments: