Wednesday, April 02, 2008

a few updates

So a few updates. . .

Jason and I talked. Quite a while, in fact (well for us anyway). We're still together. We talked through stuff that was bothering me and it was good. What's funny is we both have people on our sides wondering why we are together. . .he said that although its been hard, he knows relationships are hard but working through everything will be worth it. And because of loving me so much he wants to keep working through it. I was talking to my sister and we started discussing how really, if anything, we're working through all the stuff that we'd probably have to work through if we were married already. We're just doing it ahead of time :-) Maybe, who knows.
Another thing I thought of is how really he isn't as experienced as other guys I've dated. . .I've never had to be very upfront about what I want. I need to work on being more vocal and explaining things.
He came up for Bible study on Monday and we had such a good time. We were just relaxed and comfortable and able to talk and laugh. I also got to see him on Tuesday; I went with him to a HS track meet. Unfortunately it was cut short when he had to take one of the kids to the hospital. Something happened after the kids ran and he had a horrible pain shooting through his side. They ruled out appendicitis but still unsure of what is wrong. I hope he's ok.

Another cool thing is that I'm enrolled in a certified nurse's assistant and medical terminology class for the summer. That way I can work in the medical field, make sure I really want to do it and after taking 3 more classes can hopefully get into the physician's assistant program next summer. I am still leaving it open; I figure there's no harm in taking the CNA class. It means I'll have a job, no matter what I end up doing. And even if I decide not to go for the PA program, I'll probably still do something in the medical field and the classes I have to take won't hurt any. I knew I at least had to find out if I definitely wanted to do something in the medical field. I mean everytime people talk about something having to do with medicine, my ears perk up and my curiosity goes up. Even today, a girl from work was talking about the back problems she has been having and after I got home I pulled out my anatomy book to see exactly what she was talking about. So I am definitely feeling better that I have a plan that is already being set into motion. One step at a time. . .I realized I was looking too far ahead and not just focusing on it little by little. It's better this way.

Ok so I guess that's the update. I feel excited that I have something to look forward to. And maybe even a trip to Washington! Especially because I have vacation time now. And don't know when I'll have it again! Woohoo!

2 comments:

JoyInFrailty said...

Glad to hear things worked out with J. And go you with the CNA classes! Pack in all the fun and relaxation you can on your trip. Come visit California sometime! ;D

Tracie said...

I am so excited for you Jodie!