Monday, May 19, 2008

Good-bye Zoe

I was gone all weekend taking care of kids or I would've wrote about this later.



I took Zoe to the vet on Friday and got her tested for feline leukemia and FIV (it's not FID like I wrote before). Turns out she had FIV....so....I had to say good-bye.

It was so horrible seeing her so sick...she hadn't eaten, she was all wobbly when she stood up....she was in so much pain. But she still let me hold her and pet her. I gave her a big hug and kiss good-bye. And cried most of the way back to work.

I only had her for such a short time but I'm glad she had a good home for the last month and she didn't have to be in pain for too long. If she was still a stray, she would've had to go through the whole horrible process of her body shutting down. I'm glad she didn't have to.

I think maybe once I move, I may get another cat.

I do miss her already though.

No comments: