Saturday, May 10, 2008

I wrote this yesterday while at work but couldn't post it:

I am sitting at work and the boredom has reached epic proportions. I am sure there are many people who would love to have nothing to do at work but not me. I hate it. I get anxious. I can't stand sitting still but I feel like I have no choice but to stay at my desk. It give me too much time to think.

I have been sitting here thinking about Jason. Then I get frustrated that I'm sitting here thinking about Jason.

Then I think about Val's beautiful little girl who is 1 today! Yay Happy Birthday! But then I think that I'm a horrible friend because I did not get her a gift. I haven't finished knitting the cute little blanket that was supposed to be for her birthday. But maybe it'll be done by the time I go visit! I am visiting this summer, I am determined!!!!

Then I think about how pretty soon Kyle & Sarah will have a wee little one of their own and I am no where close to starting the little knitted blanket for their little one. And knowing me and my present shipping disability it will be months before I send them a baby gift. (sorry guys...like you're really concerned...you have more important things to think about;-) ) But I'm so excited to see pictures and hear about her!

I am not nearly as tired as I had been a few days ago. I feel tons better. Tonight is the start of the big annual River Festival and I'm going to the opening night parade. At some point I need to go get a funnel cake!!!
My CNA class starts next Tuesday night; I will learn how to do vitals, give old-wrinkly people a bath, and clean up their poop. Woohoo. . . actually I'm looking forward to it. I know that it's a step I have to take to get where I want to be. And I like old people. I want to be a good caregiver. They deserve it. I remember when my grandmother was in a nursing home. I want to treat them all like they were my grandmother because I would want her to be treated with the utmost respect and care (of course my grandmother was very easy to deal with and I know that is not always the case but still).

Let's see. . .what else? Oh yes, my friend from work put in an offer on a house and it got accepted! The inspection isn't for two weeks so now she's just waiting to see what happens. If all goes well we'll be able to move in at the end of June! It's a really cute house with a big backyard and even a garden!!! I am still feeling pretty calm about not really knowing yet about where I'm going to live. My lease is up at the end of June and the rent is going up so I really can't afford to stay there. Having a roommate will be a big help!

I am completely taking charge of Bible study now. Eek! I'm sending out the e-mails, will talk to any people who might be interested in coming, and leading it. I've even had some "counseling" experience. A girl from Bible study broke up with her boyfriend and apparently I'm the "go-to" person when it comes to that stuff. :-) Actually it was really cool. . .I felt like I could actually help. And actually believe the stuff I was saying.

No comments: