Saturday, May 24, 2008

Saturday mornings

I love Saturday mornings. I get to sleep as long as I want (this morning, it was 11:00 am), I make coffee, french toast or pancakes, and watch TV. When I had cable, I watched I Love Lucy. Now, it's episodes of Grey's Anatomy or Gilmore Girls on DVD. It's just this relaxing, wonderful "me" time. Sometimes, it's several episodes...today, it's only one because I need to do homework.

I have a wedding to go to tonight. I found an AMAZING dress. And get this, I found it at Sam's and it was less than $20. It's green & white and I look HOT in it, I won't lie. I also got a black one so now I have a great "little black dress."

My friend that is buying a house got the inspection done yesterday. She will know within the week if she will definitely get it. She is getting bids on a few things that need to be fixed; the owners may or may not negoiate the price. Until now, they haven't been too willing. Thankfully, she'll know for sure by the time I have to give my 30 days notice about leaving my apartment. I'm not thrilled with the idea of having to move again, but oh well.

I miss Zoe. I still walk into my apartment, half expecting her to come out from wherever she's been relaxing all day. I still expect her to be climbing up on me while I'm using my computer and when I'm going to bed.

I'm singing for the first time in the praise band at church tomorrow. Annual conference is coming up this week so I'll be at that. We're doing a celebration for the campaign. We've gone over our goal! It's exciting.

I should go do homework. The reading and workbook stuff for this CNA class is super easy. We talked about dementia last week; I found myself wanting a lot more info about it, like the parts of the brain that are affected, what happens to the neurons, research done, etc. I came home and got out my neuroscience book. Something about that tells me that it isn't too far-fetched that I'd want to do something like be a physician's assistant. I want to learn how to diagnose, treat, research new treatments, and research what is actually happening.

3 comments:

Amy Upchurch said...

Hey Jodie! We just put my mom in a memory care home earlier this month. It is an actually house in a neighborhood that provides round the clock care for a handful of folks with alzheimers and other dementia related illnesses.Tthat dementia is a booger- and while I feel she has good care, I would hope that her caregivers put as much heart into learning all they can as you have.
The only criticism I have so far it seems like the residents sit around doing nothing much of the day....my dad visits as least once daily...but the other 5 residents don't seem to get visitors much at all. It is a such a cruel existence...I pray to God I will never have to face it myself.
long time- Amy (MrsLS)

Amy Upchurch said...

Aargh! I left a comment before signing in , then I signed in and it wiped away my comment.
Amyway, blah blah blah, We put mom in a residential memory care home this month....hope she is treated by people as interested in you are about learning the details of this cruel disease...let me know if you need a case study or anything, and I couls probably set you up....
long time....it's late... I make no sense...goodnight....Amy (Mrs*)

Amy Upchurch said...

Okay, so maybe you got my first comment after all. Whatever, stil late, still tired..ttfn...and God Bless! love, A