Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

I saw Brokeback Mountain tonight.
It was really good. It was really intense.
There's so much I could say about it. . .
First of all, the direction, cinematography, and acting were all amazing. Heath Ledger was absolutely wonderful. He deserves all the recognition (i.e., award noms) he's getting. And the scenery! Oh my goodness, it was beautiful!
It was interesting to see how the characters related to one another and how they affected different people in their lives. It didn't matter that it was two men. It could have been anybody. Right or wrong, it could have been anybody.
I know a lot of people won't see it because they think of it as just the "gay cowboy" movie but it's really so much more than that.

I don't know what else to say; it was just really good.

No comments: