Monday, January 23, 2006

Day 1

Today was day 1 of my blood type diet. In case you don't know what that is, it is a diet based on the theory that depending on your blood type, certain foods are beneficial or harmful for you. So I'm going to avoid all the "avoid" foods . . . I can't eat dairy (except a few kinds of cheese), any wheat products, and certain fruits (like oranges and tomatoes). I can only eat chicken and turkey. No beef, pork....I think it'll work out ok. I got soy milk to use in my oatmeal and soy creamer for my coffee. That's one thing, coffee is beneficial! woohoo! I can't drink black tea, but I can drink coffee. and red wine is beneficial; I'll have to take advantage of that one.
I have type A blood. I'm at higher risk for diabetes, heart disease, and other life-threatening illnesses. However, as a fellow type A friend put it, we're healthier than most people when it comes to everyday sicknesses. We don't get colds as often, or other things like that. For me it's true, I haven't been sick in years.
So I'll see how it goes. I may have to get decaf coffee to drink at night. I came home tonight and someone had turned off the heat! The temp was like 61! So I was freezing and needed something hot to drink. I can also drink green tea. I'll have to drink that more often.
Green tea, just fyi, is highly beneficial for everyone.

And today, my roommates and I went to look at an amazing apartment that is just minutes from downtown Denver and it's in this nationally registered historic building. It is absolutely gorgeous. All of us would love to move but I don't know if it'll be possible.. . .I figure I can dream though.

2 comments:

Tracie said...

I like you new template a lot!

How did you find out what was good/bad for your blood type? That is interesting. I'm curious to see how it works!

MacGirl said...

There's a few books about it. Google blood type diet and you'll find it!