Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Happy & not-so-happy things

There are many wonderful things that make me happy and things that make me not-so-happy.

Let's start with the not-so-happy: realizing your ex is really a jerk. I had hints (especially after I got here) and some people mentioning things to that effect but I never really believed it until yesterday. He never bothered to call me when he found out that my truck was dead. I left two messages asking for his help. I was really hurt that he didn't even bother calling me back. I talked to him online and told him this...the best he could do was say that he called a few people to see if anyone could help me. I really wanted to be like "oh gee thanks that's wonderful, that makes me feel better" in the best possible sarcastic IM possible. I didn't. It was upsetting that the one person I thought I could count on to at least offer help (knowing that I don't have many people out here to call) is, in fact, someone I can't count on at all. He didn't care that I needed help at all. I didn't think he was that kind of person. So after that happened and after I talked to a trusted friend, I began to realize how selfish he was during the relationship and how selfish he continues to be. I'm still thinking through all of that.

Ok saying all that one of the things that makes me happy is knowing I don't need him at all. Turns out that my battery was dead in my truck. I got someone from the hotel to take me to and from work and jump my truck (which was the first step in figuring out what was wrong) and then got a ride to wal-mart to get a new battery and then changed it myself. It makes me happy that I can do things like that.

It also makes me happy to eat chocolate creme Oreos and milk. And to go to Krispy Kreme for donuts. The hot now sign wasn't on but then I walked in to find that there was hot donuts! I ordered two but then got an extra free one! Woohoo! So I got donuts, a bottle of milk (which I used for the oreos).

Oh! Oh! And it makes me happy when Target sells the DVDs of Gilmore Girls for under $20! I already had the first two seasons and so I bought seasons 3 and 4. I would have bought 5 but they were out. I'll have to go to the little Target.

I know I will be just find here. If I have to stay until my lease is up, ok but I know I'll be ok. Without the guy who did not, in fact, treat me well. He knew he didn't which is why we had to break up. At least I can be thankful for that.

No comments: