Sunday, February 26, 2006

Church

Tonight I went to church.
And I did something that surprised me.

I worshipped. I raised my voice and for just little while was able to leave my frustrations, my doubts, and my fears at the foot of the cross.
I even sang something to the affect of all my ambitions, my hopes, my plans I leave in Your hands. I don't usually sing songs unless I believe the words. I can't sing about trusting God unless I'm serious about it. Tonight I was, though. My ambitions, my hopes, and my plans...they're in God's hands.
I need a daily reminder of that. And I'm sure that occasionally (ok more than just occasionally) I will forget. But right now I know that some how, some way God will be there. I will be delivered. And maybe, just maybe he does have a plan for me. And maybe he does care.

No comments: