Sunday, March 26, 2006

My weekend

So I ended up having more fun in the last two days than I did the whole week of spring break. And now I'm trying not to think of all the homework I need to get done before tomorrow. HA!

Saturday was a long day. My friend and I went to the zoo during the day. It was so much fun! I felt like a little kid. The day was so beautiful; I even got a little burn on my arms! (That still doesn't change the fact I am still white as a ghost)
It was also cool because my friend and I are both Bio majors so we were looking at everything through scientific eyes, discussing an animals habitat, adaptations, etc. It was so, so much fun! If I ever have kids the zoo is going to be my favorite place to take them. We saw a little gorilla baby and lion cub! Oh I'm getting so excited about it just writing about it! I decided that I'm going to give my bio lab students extra credit for going to the zoo. There were so many things at the zoo that we have studied this past semester; and it's just fun!

ok so after fun day at the zoo, I went home, got some stuff together and went to my friend's house to hang out. We got all glammed up and then. . . went dancing! Now I enjoy going out to a club from time to time but I really have to be in the right mood. Usually I'm just content chilling at home, watching a movie or having coffee with friends. But every once in awhile I need to cut loose. So last night I did. It was this fun club with 3 levels that played 70s, 80s, and 90s music (one decade for each floor). We hit all of them but mostly stayed in the 80s. It was so much fun! We danced to Madonna, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, and countless others. They did play music on the 80s floor that I know came out in the 90s, but oh well. :) Of course, when I was on the 90s floor, all the songs reminded me of junior high and high school, including Salt-N-Pepa. Ah, adolescence...
Each level had its own bar and we kept going to the one on the 70s, the bartender was hot :)
I also did something I never do: I danced with a guy! He kinda reminded me of Vin Diesel. It was fun and I got a hug at the end of the night.
So I had fun just hanging out with friends and dancing to all my favorite songs, not caring what I looked like at all. I could never go out like that all the time; it's too exhausting. And expensive. And the whole club scene can be really crazy and dangerous really. . .people getting so drunk and going home with people they don't know. That's why I only go out with people I know won't do that kind of thing.

So that was last night...the night before I got to talk to a friend of mine I hadn't talked to in like 7 years. (thanks to myspace, I found him!) We talked for almost two hours I think. I've always looked up to him and admired him (now I admire him even more). And we both share a love for the movie White Christmas. How fun is that? It was really awesome to talk to him.

No comments: