Wednesday, April 12, 2006

SoulForce

Well, tomorrow is the SoulForce visit. I can't remember if I wrote about it earlier...I tried looking for a post about it but I can't find it...
Basically SoulForce is a group that is going to different Christian colleges and universities (and some military schools) that have clauses in their handbook prohibiting gay and lesbian individuals from going to the school. Click here for their website.
If you know me, you know I have very strong feelings about the issue of homosexuality. I have written about it, I have argued, I have thought about it, and I have wrestled with how to approach the issue. Yesterday in chapel a former lesbian spoke. I had actually heard her story before. It's amazing. Click here to listen to her chapel message. (It's the one from April 11)

I hope that when the people from soulforce come, they are surprised and hit over the head with love and grace. I've heard some tidbits about their visits to other schools, and I think they've been surprised. They've been approached with love. People wanted to get to know them. People were interested in them as people (which if you listen to the chapel message, is one of the things that impacted Melissa the most).

Unfortunately, my day is pretty full so I don't even know if I'll get to talk to anyone but I'll post about things I hear about and see.

No comments: