Sunday, April 02, 2006

Today I realized how easy it is for me to still believe that I'm not someone that people would want to spend time with. I really have been getting better; I'm more comfortable just calling someone up to see if they want to do something and more willing to put myself out there to actually be friends with someone.
But I still have my moments, I'm not sure why. Sometimes I think I'm just trying to protect myself in some way, believing I will be hurt eventually. But I really don't want to be like that.
I also don't want to have to make people feel like they constantly need to reassure me. Because I am fun to be around. I'm a good friend (even though it's hard; I'm not good at advice and such really). I just need to remember that.

Anyway, just writing about it helps me to remember. I will not be a slave to my fear.

No comments: