Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Rejoice

Last night when I came home from work, these words were on my lips "rejoice in the Lord always." Now I'm not usually one to have a Bible verse pop in my head and I honestly have no idea where it is in the Bible really (NT somewhere I think), so I thought about it some more.
We all know it's easy to rejoice in God when things are going well and we are happy. I mean, look at me, as soon as I get into a bad mood I'm thinking nothing will ever be ok, I'll never be happy, and my life will never mean anything. Ha! I'm so dramatic.
So can I really rejoice in the Lord always? And not just when I'm happy? I mean even now when I'm in a good mood it's sometimes hard because I'm still not too crazy about my situation. But really it's not that bad. I won't always be working so much (I hope). But even then I am glad I've had the energy and the schedule to be able to work so I can get things paid for. It's amazing to be able to make my student loan payments and pay more than the minimum on my credit cards. And schedule-wise it's pretty good; I don't have to get to the cable company until 9:30 so it doesn't make leaving the hotel at 11 or 11:30 too bad.
And not only that, I feel like my attitude is changing towards things I want or think I need. Would I love to go buy clothes at Banana Republic and Dillards? Of course. But I'm liking my Target clothes a lot. In fact I'm probably going to go buy a couple more shirts. They're great! And I'm a little irritated that I can't find suitable shoes at Target because I don't want to spend more money somewhere else! Oh well. I will probably still go get the cute leopard-print sandals at Target sometime soon.

The other day I almost had a slightly uncomfortable run-in while getting my coffee. Or at least, the potential for one but it ended up not being anything. I didn't let who I knew was inside Starbucks keep me from getting my much-needed coffee. I was proud of myself. I was feeling very chipper that morning so I was determined to make sure I said hi if I had the chance but I didn't have to.

The Cardinals lost again last night. How sad! Maybe they can win tonight. I wish I didn't have to work so I could watch the game. I love having ESPN 2.

No comments: