Thursday, April 12, 2007

Waiting. . .waiting. . .

Lifehouse has a song called "Breathing." Or maybe it's just called "Breathe." Oh no, wait, that's the Faith Hill song. Anyway, in the Lifehouse song there's a line that says: "I'm trying to identify the voices in my head, God, which one's you?"
I'm wondering the same thing.

The last few days I've just been trying to calmly think about what the best thing is to do. And asking just for some divine guidance. And I'm trying to patiently wait for an answer. I don't want to make a split-second decision. Wherever I go, I'm staying for a good amount of time. I keep thinking more and more about going back to IL. Then I can move into the little apartment and fix it up. Put a new floor in the kitchen and bathroom, get a new stove, do some painting, & eventually get new carpet. I figure little by little I'll fix the place up and then it'll make it easier to rent out after I leave.
But then this voice comes into my head and starts to make me wonder if I'm supposed to just stay here. Which, if I do, I'd still find a new apartment (mine is way too small) and I'd need to change my work situation. Then I wonder "WHAT? Why in the world would I stay here?"

I don't know. I'll keep praying. And patiently waiting so I can figure out what I'm supposed to do.

No comments: