Thursday, June 21, 2007

A few tidbits

NF got a taste of what I'm like when I watch a baseball game. Last night I got to watch the Cardinals/Royals game and it was a nailbiter. It went into extra innings (14 in all) and was late so I didn't stay up but I was on the phone with him and he experienced many yells and shreaks. He is a Royals fan. Which is fine. . .we'll have a fun little rivalry going. A while back I told him if he ever watches a game with me, he'll think I'm crazy; he said he'll like it :-)
Last week before Bible study we ended up playing catch. I think he liked to see that I can throw pretty well too.

My parents are visiting the first week of July. We are going to go to NF's church's 4th of July picnic. . .which means for the first time I will meet people from his church. Last night he brought up the topic of how I wanted to be introduced (he said he'd been thinking all afternoon of how to bring it up so it didn't sound cheesy or anything, I thought that was cute). I told him I wasn't really sure because we're obviously more than just friends but we haven't reached the boyfriend/girlfriend stage yet. He agreed (whew! at least we're both on the same page with that). When I see him tomorrow I think I'm going to tell him that he should just introduce me as Jodie and if necessary tell people we're dating. Because even though we're not seeing anyone else and we both think (and hope) it's leading to being serious, it's not yet. And there are a few things that I feel he needs to know about me and accept before I consider him my boyfriend. I have them written down and I am trying to just pray about it all and not worry. If he is "it" then I know he will be able to accept those things about me that I am always worried will be difficult to accept. But I know I really can't worry about it. There are still a lot of things I don't know about him either.

It's still so weird to me. I mean, two months ago I was going to move. I was going to get the hell out of here. And now. . . .here I am staying. And I am ok with it. Two days from now will signal my one-year mark of living here. One year ago I was so excited. It amazes me how quickly the excitement faded and how wrong I ended up being. But now with all that has happened over the last few months and weeks, I can't even say that I hate that I moved here. Granted I still hate what happened, I am still a bit scared. . .but I am more hopeful now.

After today, only one more day at the cable company. I am so ready! Then I'm stuck two more stinking days at the hotel. I'm hoping I'll get away with leaving a bit early because someone else is coming in mid-morning, I think, which is absolutely ridiculous.

I don't know for sure if I'll get away with having only one job. I am going to give it a month or so to get a break and get settled into the new job before I make a decision.

No comments: