Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Update

I will get a few more guesses before I reveal anything ;-)

So just a couple of things: first, NF and I are going to Independence, KS to go to Prairie Days at the Laura Ingalls Wilder cabin on Saturday!!! Then we're either going to go see Pirates 3 or hang out with some Bible study people. We're just making it a day-long date. I'm excited.

Secondly, there are two (TWO!) United Methodist conference office jobs I have applied for. I'm hoping because of my connection at the office (the other girl in the photo) and the fact my dad is a UM pastor I may have a good chance at either. One is a secretarial position for the communications department and the other is an administrative assistant for a huge fundraising campaign for the conference. It sounds like they are wanting to find someone for the 2nd job fairly quickly; the first one they are accepting resumes until the end of June. . .so who knows when that would actually start. I also know the 1st position would probably pay around what I"m getting now so I would still have to work a second job. I don't know what the other job would pay. It's also just a 17 month or so position. I have a feeling it would pay more though.

So I'm hopeful for either. My hours have been cut (because they hired too many people) at the hotel and this cable company job is getting old. . .I really want something different. And more stable. We'll see!!

Also. . .. .I'm going to move into a different apartment at the end of the month. Worse comes to worse, I'll just move into a bigger apartment at the same complex. I don't know if I'll have time to look for a different complex. Plus, if I got a job at the conference office, it's like right behind my apartment. I could just walk to work! Wouldn't that be awesome?!

Ok that's my quick update. Don't forget to guess ;-)

No comments: