Monday, June 18, 2007

New hobby

On Thursday I decided that I wanted to start painting. My artistic side was itching to get out and try something new.

So I did. I went to Michaels, bought some canvases and paper, paint, brushes, and a book about painting and I painted.

The first thing I painted was just a cool flower. It looks a little weird but I like it. I will take a picture and post it. I also tried a butterfly but that didn't turn out so well. The shape looks like a butterfly but I couldn't get the colors the way I wanted them. I'm going to have to work on that. It looks like it belongs in a children's book. Which then got me to thinking about writing a children's book :-)

My brother said he'll send me a book to help me with my drawing. I am not that great at it but I think if I practiced I could be. Also I want to do some abstract type stuff. I think I will like painting. In the dining area (that will be table-less) of my new apartment I think I'm going to set up a space to work. There is so much I want to try. I do need to remember to start off small. And just take my time and practice. I need to figure out how to get colors the way I want them.

I also think I'm going to go ahead and get a camera so I can take pictures. I think photography is still my first artistic love. And my little non-digital point and shoot camera isn't cutting it.

No comments: