Tuesday, June 26, 2007

New job!

Today was my first day at my new job! It went really well. There wasn't a lot of things to do today; I did get high on some markers, though.

Ok I'll explain: I had to outline all the districts in the Kansas conferences on a huge map. I started out with a Sharpie (the gateway) and then continued with one of those markers that smell like fruit. It was a great afternoon. . . ;-)

I was a little freaked; I met the Bishop pretty much first thing. He seems like a nice guy. I probably won't have to really work with him too much but the fundraising campaign is a big deal that he is very excited about so I do have the clearance to tell him if I need anything, probably especially if I'm not getting what I need from other people. Tomorrow he is headed to France with some youth to go to some camp and Paris. Lucky bas. . . .I mean, how wonderful for him. Ha! ;-)

Last night before Bible study, NF and I got together. He asked me to do something most girls only dream about: help him shop. Although he did a good job of picking stuff out for himself, I did pick out a shirt for him that I really hope I get to see him in soon. :)
There were a few instances where I was getting a little weak in the knees. . .I won't go into details but . . . yeah. . . I really like the way things are going.

I will tell more about the job as it goes. We're meeting with the head of the firm that is consulting for the fundraising campaign. And at some point I get to go shopping for office supplies. I love shopping for office supplies.

No comments: