Wednesday, November 21, 2007

About the letter

Well J and I talked last night about the letter. It was a good, productive conversation. He asked me questions about the things I wrote about and even if it was difficult, I answered honestly.

Both of us have at least one thing we have to work on. I have to work on actually trusting him. I told him that I don't trust him completely because I am still scared that he will end up being like everyone else. I'm working on it. I've been more willing to open up and tell him things and realizing that he isn't like everyone else. And even if down the road we realize we aren't meant for each other that doesn't mean I can't trust him.
He has to work on his attitude that because he is the guy, he always has to be strong. He doesn't want to show that he has a weakness which is why it's been so hard for him to admit that he has been struggling with being depressed over the last few months. So I hope for both of us, over time, we will overcome these things.

I do feel better about things. He asked really good questions that helped me think through how I was feeling. And he didn't make me feel badly about any of it either. I was glad of that.

I am heading down to his grandparents' tomorrow to spend Thanksgiving with his family. Of course, I will miss being with my family but I am looking forward to it. I'm making apple pie! Yummy!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: