Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's Thanksgiving!!!

I love Thanksgiving. I love the whole holiday season. Except for the crazy shopping. I feel sorry for the people who have to go to work tomorrow at 5 am (or earlier!) and deal with crazy people. J's mom goes to the stores at 5 am. I used to want to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving but not anymore.

Ok but that's not today :-D. Today I get to have french toast for breakfast, make an apple pie, and spend Thanksgiving with J's family. And I get to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving parade! I never get to watch much of it because we're always traveling to grandma's.

And as much as I get tired of the crazy shopping (or rather, the way that shopping for the holidays makes people crazy and forget what it's all supposed to be about) I wouldn't mind taking a trip up to Kansas City to do some real shopping. Wichita doesn't have many good stores. I don't know if I'll get to do that or not.

Anyway, I'm excited for today and I went ahead and got out my Christmas decorations (I think I may have to get a few more) and listened to Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

One thing I have thought about is Advent. I've never paid much attention to it. We're going to do an Advent study at the office and I have an Advent calendar with different Bible passages to read everyday. Maybe I'll do that.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

No comments: