Thursday, November 08, 2007

I am almost finished with my costume! All I have to do is hem the skirt and put on the buttons. And if I can't figure out how to do the button holes, then I will sew on the buttons and just use velcro to fasten the bodice. The audience doesn't have to know! :-)
The show is next week. It's on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. And, of course, there are rehearsals every night next week. And my parents, sister, and brother are all coming!

I started thinking last night about how I miss being busy. Work isn't very busy right now and I just get bored so easily, it seems. And even with the musical, I don't have much going on. I haven't had to commit to anything outside of regular rehearsals since I don't have a big part. What's funny is that I'm sure at some point I'll look back and miss not being busy! I have decided that I'm going to join the choir at church. I think that'll be good and maybe help me to get to know some more people there. I will probably try to find a job after the new year as well. And I think I am going to try and get into sewing more. I want to make some skirts and maybe even try a jacket/blazer type thing.

I feel bad for J though. Cause he is busy. The nursing home is short staffed so everyone has to work overtime. He has been working one or two 12-hour shifts a week. Plus 2 after-school programs for two churches and youth group. And on top of all that he's been sick this week. He really hasn't gotten a chance to rest much, I don't think. I wish I could do something for him. Which I'm sure he thinks I've done enough since he started getting sick after he saw me on Saturday...my throat was a bit sore. Apparently, he gets sick very easily. All I did was sit next to him on the couch (seriously).
There's a lock-in on Saturday that I'm helping with. I will try to do as much as I can for him but may just end up being the person yelling at the kids (his voice is about gone, of course, I have to be careful too!) if any of the "couples" start getting to cozy. Which is bound to happen considering it's a movie-themed lock-in. There will be movies going on in 3 or 4 different rooms. Fun idea, huh? There's even going to be a concession stand.

I've been feeling very ho-hum lately. I know I shouldn't whine about it but it's hard not to sometimes. Oh well. I'll just try to enjoy it and find things to do.

No comments: