Wednesday, November 28, 2007

better

I feel a little bad for looking forward to Wednesday afternoons. This is the day that my boss teaches a class and leaves at 3:30. So unless there is just something pressing to do, I admit it: I goof off.
Including writing this :-)

So surprise, surprise, I feel better. I sent J an e-mail on Monday that managed to completely lift my spirits. I started remembering the things I have to look forward to and the things that make me, ME. One of the things that make me, me, will happen after work. I will defy the idea that women can not fix cars and replace my serpentine belt in my truck. It completely split in two last night around 11:30 as I was driving home from visiting J. It was great. . ..Haha! Now I admit that by the time I get the belt on, I will probably be a little pissed off but oh well. The final step of getting it on is the most difficult and I'll be rushing to get it done before its dark. But I'll do it.

Anyway, between writing the e-mail and the discussion we had after he read it, I am definitely feeling better. It still seems a little weird for me to think about it but J and I are, I think, taking steps to really figure out our relationship and where it's going. I guess you could say we're digging into it a little deeper. I know it's not going to be easy but I think it'll be good, whatever ends up happening.

No comments: