Sunday, September 02, 2007

Romantic day

Hmm. Do you think there's a part of me that is still scared shitless of relationships? And I don't even think that it's just relationships with men. I think it's all relationships and friendships. There's always part of me that is scared, I think. I'm scared that something will happen and we'll not be friends anymore. I'm afraid to call people because I figure they'll be busy and not want to talk. I figure it's easier to just be on my own rather than taking the risk of letting someone see me for who I really am. And even though there have been many relationships that have left me with my heart broken and a few broken friendships, I get proven wrong on so many occassions. There are so many people who have stuck by me and I hope that I will be friends with for life. I still figure I'm not that great of a friend back, but I'll work on it.
Another thing that I keep getting proved wrong on is about BF (oooo I almost typed his name out). I talked to him the other night about somethings that were bothering me. In the words of Val, I basically told him, "I want to be wooed, damn it!" So we talked about it. What's funny is when we were talking about it, he said that he had our date planned for Saturday. I was like "What?!" He had two dates planned and they were both a surprise. He gave me a few hints but I couldn't figure out what they were.
So yesterday I went to his place and picked our date. I picked Mystery Date #2, which was entitled "I've got you Babe, hook, line, and mallet":
1) Baking cookies (ok I knew that much because we needed cookies for a BBQ on Monday)
2) Dinner at the Hooker (yes it's a little place out in the country that is a restaurant/bait shop, hence the hook and line part of the title, they have AMAZING homemade pies)
3) Backyard croquet (that's where the mallet comes in, it was fun, I beat him!! And I think he was a little mad)
4) Watching a romantic comedy "Laws of Attraction" (that's where the I've got you babe comes in) It was actually good, usually Julianne Moore gets on my nerves.
5) Stargazing (that was my favorite part and one of the times when my truck comes in really handy)

It was a wonderful day. We also watched True Lies and the Incredibles. It's kinda funny; we're always watching movies. I love it. Next time he comes over to my apartment I think I'll have to get him to watch one of my old musicals. He needs to know who Gene Kelly is :)
The cookies turned out wonderfully. We made double chocolate chip and at one point he was measuring out the cocoa and spilled it and then I threw some at him. It was funny. When he lost at croquet he hit his ball really hard. I wished we could've played longer but it was getting too dark.
The movie was good . . . and I must say, I love cuddling. And that's all I'll say. ;-)
Stargazing was wonderful. We just layed in the back of my truck and stared up at the sky. We chatted a little bit and I teased him about losing at croquet. Then the most romantic thing . . . we saw shooting stars! It was wonderful . . . I didn't want to leave.

He has been so patient with me. He knows that I'm still a little scared but brought up how I need to be careful that it doesn't prevent me from experiencing something good. I know that's true. I'm trying. I'm still a little surprised he hasn't turned and run away but I'm thinking that it's saying a lot that he hasn't.

Oh crap I need to go get ready for church. I'm probably going to be late.

1 comment:

Val said...

Awwwwwww....

And how cool is that I've actually heard of The Hooker restaurant?

We've gotta come visit.