Sunday, October 14, 2007

Better Sunday

Well I am now stocked with blood-type friendly foods including soy milk creamer and dried cranberries. Unfortunately I also have hummus which I thought was ok only to look on my list of forbidden foods and find that the main ingredient (chickpeas) is on it. Bummer. So then I just bought some pita chips to eat with it until its gone. :-)

This Sunday hasn't been nearly as bad as last Sunday. I haven't done much today but it's not as much of a lonely day. I went to church this morning. It was an example of what the new Saturday night service is like. I liked it although I don't think I'd be able to do it all the time. It's more relaxed and experiential, which is cool, but there's not as much music which I'd miss. The sermon was about the kingdom of God and how it can show up in subtle ways in our everyday life. And how we can make it happen. God is always wooing us to him and we, in turn, can help show other people that. Yesterday, I saw wild turkeys. I don't think I've ever seen wild turkeys before. Today I saw a swan as I drove home from the grocery store. All afternoon it's been raining and now there's a full-blown thunderstorm going on. I forget to see these little things in creation that remind me of God.
And I wonder, how can be someone to show that to other people? I feel like I talk a lot but don't do anything. I get so wrapped up in my own life that I forget about all the other people around me. I'm not really sure how. In my worry about going to BF's church yesterday I missed the chance to do something for him. I stopped by Sonic to get something to drink and realized I never even thought of getting him anything even though he always gets me something.
The thing at his church was fun. I went and I'm glad I did. I like seeing him around his youth group kids; I think it's really great he's been around for as along as he has been. I really believe he's made a great impact on a lot of them.

Oh I'm so sad! He asked me if I had rehearsal on Tuesday because he wanted to come up and take me out. It's been 6 months! And guess what? I have rehearsal. It's the first time I've had it on a Tuesday. I'm so sad. It was funny, he was like "I just go by the first time we met, I don't really know what date to consider it official." Works for me. :-) I haven't dated anyone for 6 months before. Even the thing with D didn't last 6 months. Oh wow. . .I have been dating J (ok it's time to upgrade to his first initial) for longer than the whole time start to finish with D. That's so cool. Even though things have still been difficult here, it's been more than I could ever have thought.

One interesting thing: J is getting a foreign exchange student. The student had been living with a family but the couple is getting a divorce so they're moving him. I hope it works out well. I think it'll be neat; he's from Taiwan. I'm sure it'll be better for him.

Ok time to brave the rain (ok, enjoy walking in the rain) and go get my laundry.

No comments: