Monday, October 08, 2007

Thank God for Monday

Who ever says, "thank God it's Monday?" I sure do. Yesterday was horrible. By the end of the day I was so miserable. And not for any reason. I sat around my apartment all day and watched TV. And while doing that, got myself into a funk. After BF got home, I was talking to him a little about my day but it was getting late so he had to go. I was mad. He knew it; I got offline real fast without saying goodbye. He sent me a text; I didn't get it until this morning. I apologized for getting upset. I didn't have any reason to be. It was almost 11 and the poor guy has to get up at 5 am.

The thing is, I know I have to make myself do more on Sunday. I have to keep myself occupied. When I don't, it's so easy to get myself into this funk that all I do is feel sorry for myself. This time around it was thinking about how in 3 months I will be 27 years old and feel like my life isn't much of anything. I know it's not true but it's hard not to think it. My life is still nothing like I thought it would be. Ok, I know that no one's life is what they really thought it would be. But you probably get what I mean. Even when you know you are completely normal thinking that you life is nothing like you thought, it still is difficult sometimes.

They hardest part with finding stuff to do is doing stuff that doesn't require money. What did I used to do when I got bored? I went shopping. I can't do that anymore. Even window shopping is impossible because all I think of is how I can't buy anything. And that's even more depressing! One thing I need to be better about is working on Christmas presents. There is knitting to be done, pictures to develop, and maybe even some painting to be done. I should do a painting for my brother. He'd like that.

I want to work on my apartment. I am going to get a new bookshelf to put my movies in, move my loveseat and old bookshelf. The loveseat will fit in my bedroom and then the old bookshelf can go where the loveseat was. So really there are lots of projects to work on, it's just getting the motivation to actually work on them.

I was better by the time I went to bed. God and I had a good talk. Then I felt better. I'm still glad it's Monday though.

No comments: