Monday, October 01, 2007

More tidbits

Here are some more tidbits from the weekend (the post before is the first one I wrote about the weekend):

1. BF is VERY detail oriented, which is good. He printed out directions, which I thought was a little funny since I knew where I was going but he was driving so it was ok. However, the directions were saying to go a different way that would've taken longer and I was a little irritated that he didn't seem to like the idea of me giving him directions. I finally told him that although I understand him wanting precise directions, that he just needed to chill and trust that I knew how to get to my own grandparents house :-) And I really tried hard not to get snippy. However, when we got to I-255 after him questioning whether or not it was really there, I couldn't help but say, "well look at that, it's 255!" in a slightly snippy tone. I think I did ok after that.

2. My brother isn't completely annoying anymore. I actually like hanging out with him.

3. My niece and nephew are wonderful and are growing up so fast! Mo is in 5th grade and loves playing her tuba. Jack is in 3rd grade and is a typical little boy. He still loves to color and draw but now he's hooked on video games and Star Wars. In fact we're going to coordinate who gets to get him what Star Wars movie for Christmas. He wants all of them, of course.

4. No matter how old I get, my mother will always make sure boys and girls are kept separate while sleeping in the same vicinity of one another. BF slept in the front of the camper Saturday night, while mom and I were in the back. For the occasion she made sure the two sliding doors that separated the front and back were shut (I didn't even know the camper had two sliding doors).

5. Despite that, BF and I still managed to sneak away and claim the hammock so we could stargaze for a little bit.

6. I still love Steak-N-Shake.

7. I had the realization that my grandparents are 81 and 79 and may not be around too much longer. I don't like that realization.

8. I will admit it fully. . .this weekend made me homesick for Illinois. I loved being back at grandma and grandpa's farm. I definitely miss being near my family. And probably wouldn't mind if I ever got the chance to move back. I would have to live near St. Louis though.

No comments: